3.30.2009

Week 27

Since I posted last, I've had mostly low contraction numbers, in the 0-3 range. J and I have figured out that I can handle brief outings to the grocery store and Target if I ride on an electric scooter. He needs to be there to reach things for me, though. This let me to finally update our baby registry, which was my plan to do the day I had to go into the hospital. hehe We also got some outdoor things for the kids at the baby shower. Who knew they made scented bubbles?

We had one minor hiccup last Thursday when I had a series of mildly painful contractions right in a row. I talked to the contractions monitor nurse and she said it was probably the babies going through a growth spurt. I've been more tired than normal, so that seemed pretty logical to me. They haven't come back since then.

Today at the MFS appointment the doctor said that both babies seemed to have gained a little fluid. He seemed to think that was a initial indicator that I'm eating too much sugar. Long term high sugar will lead to excess fluid and really large babies. He wants me to go on a protein, fat, and vegetable diet for now. My one treat a day is gone. No more juice or carbs that help with my acid reflux. J got a gleam in his eye, though, since now the ice cream bars in the freezer are all his. hehe

Both babies had a good check-up. They were feisty and had heartbeats in the 150's like normal. Baby A went back to his usual spot on my right side but opted for the head up position. I'm really, really glad to see him keeping up with his brother when it comes to moving around. He had me worried for a while.

So things are pretty much the same as last week, minus the removal of fun things to eat from my diet. I'm looking forward to the baby shower in a few weeks. The cats aren't much for conversation. hehe

0 comments:

Post a Comment