8.13.2009

Month 2, Week 2

Well, it's been a busy week around here. The boys have discovered that licking things is fun. They'll lick their hands, whether it's their hand, their brother's, or if it has a sock on it. They also like to lick the shirt of the person holding them. I was wearing a Clemson paw print t-shirt and Zach tasted each toe print just to be sure they weren't food. I got out a teething toy and they've enjoyed licking it during diaper changes. There's no real gnawing or chewing - just licking. hehe

Another big step for them is I've started breastfeeding them. With Lucy going back to school next week, anything that makes things easier on me during the day is appreciated. I was a bit worried they wouldn't know what to do or get frustrated like before, but besides a little irritation at being on their sides, they've done great!

LG's HR called yesterday to be sure I knew I only have 2wks left of maternity leave. I'm supposed to go back August 27th. I called my boss and left a message to that effect. I was hoping to find out how things are going, like if they're still on reduced hours and what their project workload is like. I guess I'll try him again tomorrow.

Jim and I have been going back and forth on whether I should go return to work or not. There are pluses and minuses on both sides. I think the main deciding factor so far is I don't want to leave the boys with someone I don't know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment