6.03.2009

Week 36, Day 3

We went in for the amnio this morning. The original plan was to test Baby A's fluid. Unfortunately, he's so buried under Baby B and his bubble that there was no way to get to him. hehe So Baby B got to be the guinea pig. The initial poke hurt about the same as a normal needle but when they went through the uterus wall, my entire belly clenched up. That was the part that hurt. Otherwise getting the sample was uneventful.

After the amnio they put me on the baby monitors for about 30min. They wanted to be sure that the procedure didn't put me into active labor and that the boys were fine. Nothing seemed to phase the babies. In fact, Baby B took this opportunity to take a nap. Delayed stress plus a really big belly aftershock did make me sick, though. Leaving the office, I felt like I had just finished a marathon.

A few hours later we got the news that the test was positive! The babies are ready to be born! After talking with the MFS and discussing the potential complications of a vaginal birth, we've decided to go with a C-section. I'm scheduled to go into the OR tomorrow at 1:30pm. We need to go into the hospital 2hrs ahead of time to get preped. I'll have at least an hour of recovery after the surgery. As far as everything else goes, we'll just have to wait and see. I want J to stay with the babies (if he's allowed) while I'm doing my post-op thing.

So we're pretty excited! I'm especially looking forward to being able to hand these boys off to other people to carry for a while. hehe

0 comments:

Post a Comment