6.23.2009

Week 2, Day 5

It's a bit different doing this blog now, with less doctors' appointments and the like. I'm not saying I miss them. Oh, not hardly! It's just a bit more free form now. hehe

Both Alex and Zach continue to do really well. They have really good appetites and are getting plenty of sleep. Alex's umbilical cord is STILL attached, which makes it difficult to get his baths in. It'd be much easier if I could just hose him down in the little blue tub. It doesn't seem to be any less attached since last week, either. According to the internet, it could take 3 weeks or more to fall off, so it's not really an issue at this point. This is just a downside of having twins - it's really easy to compare one baby to the other and then worry something's wrong.

We had some friends over on Saturday to see the babies. The boys pretty much slept the entire time, with the exception of a quick diaper change. One friend brought her camera and took some photos of the boys. I've posted them below and think they turned out really well. In a stroke of luck, I got an email from the company I ordered their birth announcements from saying 2 of the pictures were blurry. This meant I had time to substitute this much better photos. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to work my point-and-shoot camera...

J's sister and her son also came over on Saturday. She got to spend some time with the boys while J played with our nephew. Unfortunately it was extremely hot outside by this time, so J's options were limited. She also brought us a roast and we've been working on it ever since. I think there's only a little left.

Sunday was Father's Day. J's dad was sick so we ended up just hanging out around our house. Normally I like to do something for J when it comes to holiday's. My plan was to get up after the 6am or 7am feeding and make him breakfast in bed. Alex had other plans. I was up with him from 3am to after 5am just trying to get him settled down. Then he woke up at 6:30am all fussy again. I had J hold him while I handled some Zach related issues. J (the genus that he is!) commented that Alex seemed fine as long as we held him. It was once we put him in the co-sleeper that he'd get worked up. I wasn't looking forward to holding him the rest of the night, or what was left of it, so I tried the next best thing - swaddling.

We had stopped wrapping them in blankets about a week ago because they seemed frustrated at having their arms pinned down. It seems like we've come full circle now and it's their flailing arms that are getting them worked up. Within a couple of minutes of being swaddled, both babies were passed out. Their mommy soon followed and all dreams of breakfast were dashed. So the new daddy ended up getting me breakfast in bed on Father's Day, plus letting me get a few extra hours of sleep. hehe

Yesterday the boys, my sister, and I went on a shopping excursion to Target then Publix. Target was fairly uneventful until the boys woke up hungry. We made ourselves a little camp in the corner of the snack bar. The boys had bottles and the adults had hotdogs. I took them one at a time to the bathroom for diaper changes. It worked out fine and the babies got lots of complements on their cuteness.

I think at this point I could handle both boys at home by myself since we have a good system going during the night. Going out, especially any place that requires pushing a shopping cart, still needs two people. The snap 'n go stroller is great but I can't push it with one hand. hehe

Alex


Zach

2 comments:

N said...

What great pictures!

Valyre said...

Yeah, I'm really impressed. She's going to do their 1 month photos, too!

Post a Comment