7.01.2009

Week 3, Day 6

From what I've been reading in the "What to Expect the First Year", I knew it was coming - less sleeping and more eating.  I tried to enjoy their just born sleepiness while it lasted.  Both boys have gone from a 3hr eating schedule to a 2hr one.  They also have begun to get fussy in the evenings for no reason, which is normal.

Our routine has become 1hr to feed, burp, and change both boys, followed by 30min to pump.  That leaves me with 30min to sleep until they wake-up again.  In the past I'd get 1.5hrs of sleep before the next groan of hunger was heard.  The change has been swift and severe.  I had to wake up my sister at 7:30am to take Zach and his bottle downstairs.  I just couldn't operate I was so tired.  Alex and I chilled upstairs until he became hungry.  Then we both went to he living room, me to crash on the couch for a couple of hours and L to take over caring for baby 2.

All of that being said, I still enjoy taking care of them, even if we're on the 5th diaper at the same changing.

1 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you for keeping up with the blog. I know it's getting more difficult.

Love,
Mom

Post a Comment