7.01.2013

Not On Purpose Plants

At best I'd say I have a brown thumb. If you are a picky plant, we probably can't be friends. If you would survive in an abandoned lot, then maybe we will get along.



Case in point is this weed I didn't get around to pulling. It was little a few days ago, just like the rest, but has since taken off. Now that it's big, I'm pretty sure it's a watermelon. Crazy, huh?

We had a bunch of them growing in the wooded area of our backyard last year when we moved in. I didn't notice them for two weeks and they ended up producing 4 melons for eating and a bunch that rotted in place.

This year we had all of that area graded and sodded, so I figured the watermelon were done for. Apparently I was wrong, although I'm not sure right next to the house is the best place for the little guy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment