12.17.2009

Month 6, Weeks 1-2

'Tis the season for over achieving. This means that I've been trying to make this post for almost a week now, but holiday things keep getting in the way. A blog can be put off another day; getting your kids gifts for Christmas cannot (since they'll all be shipped). So, I chose the option with the least amount of sad faces. This also means that things haven't slowed down (gifts won't wrap themselves), thus I am doing something I've never, ever done in a blog. I'm giving you lists.


Firsts
  • Inviting over moms and their kids, then totally ditching them to put the boys down for a nap. Yes, the whining and crying was that bad. I still think people had fun, though.
  • Attending a kindermusik class. The boys really liked the songs, bells, and scarves. We'll most likely enroll in a 12wk music class in January. This also inspired me to get the boys hand bells and a xylophone for Christmas.
  • Our first major fall. Zach took a nose dive off his cousins' couch. There wasn't even a red mark on his head but I doubt the guilt I feel will ever go away.
  • The boys lunging for toys, cats, etc. This is the cause of the previous bullet point and I totally should have known better than to prop up a boy that doesn't know about gravity and sees something shiny.
  • Zach completely rolling onto his belly in his car seat if he's not strapped in immediately. He wants to lick the animal prints. Ditto for the bouncy chairs and the ruffles along the top.
  • Alex flapping his arms. I checked the baby books. Flight does not seem to be a milestone.
  • Zach tossing his head side to side when he's trying to get comfy for sleep. This isn't a cute, gentle shake. We're talking a serious thrashing where his little cheeks make a slapping sound on my arm. Also not in the baby books...
  • Bananas and pears for lunch and dinner. They love pears more than me.
  • Our first boo boo. Alex managed to get a paper cut on his finger at Babies R Us. No, I don't know how. I end up in Target, asking the pharmacist if I can put Neosporin on a 6mo old. (The answer is yes.)
  • Figuring out how to keep Alex from sucking off his band-aid and choking on it. See picture below.
  • Riding in their car seats without those infant head support things. You'd think being able to turn their heads would make them happier to be in the van. It doesn't.
  • Loosing a toy. Jacques I, you will be missed. Jacques II is already en route.
  • Wearing overalls, thermal onesies, hats with ears, jeans, and sweater vests (but not all at the same time).
  • A lady saying that Zach looks like a girl.
  • Another lady saying that they're not identical because she can easily tell them apart. One has a redder face (Alex had been crying).
  • Still another lady saying I didn't look like I had been pregnant with twins. I love you, Wal-Mart customer service.

Second Tries
  • Weaning from nursing during naps. This is step 1 in my 217 step plan to get the boys to sleep in their cribs during the day.
  • Sleeping (almost) through the night. Their noses are FINALLY not runny enough to keep them up and make them impossible to put back down.
  • Figuring out a way to not end up with both boys in our bed every morning at 5am. I still don't know how/why this is happening.
  • Sweet potatoes for lunch/dinner. Neither boy is a fan but they don't spit them out.
  • Peas. Apparently only baby food manufacturers have access to legumes that aren't salted. Yes, I'm looking at you, over priced frozen organic brand.
  • Fisher Price daytime diapers. They leak just as much as the Cruisers. I'm still beyond happy with the nighttime ones, though!
  • Lotion. I can't begin to describe how much they hate the stuff, but I've managed to sneak some onto their cheeks after a bath when they're not looking.
  • Bibs. The ones we have are too big around the neck. I got some velcro ones that wipe clean. So far they would rather chew on them than take them off.

Cute Pictures to Distract You


Zach and Alex fell asleep while eating.


Alex wearing a toy sock over his band-aid. Zach wanted that sock SO bad.


Alex playing with a free bear.

Zach and Alex sporting plaid and jeans.

Yes, Alex can put his foot in his mouth (just not for the camera)

Zach wearing some of his lunch in his eyebrows

This is the face of pear nirvana.

Amen, Alex, amen.
(Click the photo to read his shirt)

1 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
They look so "old" !! lol

Post a Comment