12.23.2008

Week 13

This has been another busy week. The insurance company deemed my Accord totaled. Luckily, J had already been hard at work trying to find us a replacement vehicle. We decided to go ahead and get a minivan, specifically a Honda Odyssey. He found us a really, really good deal on a 2008 EX-L in the blue color I wanted. We were planning on getting a minivan at some point via trading in the 4Runner but it made more financial sense to take the insurance buy-out and get it now.

We spent Saturday and Sunday Christmas shopping at the local mall. J was still getting over a persistant cold, so combined with me, we were quite a pair. I ended up needing to sit and rest every 30 min or so. I think in the end we both over-exerted ourselves. I've been worn out ever since.

The battle of the vitamins apparently isn't over. I took my iron one last night about 15 min before bed. It made me sick and I threw up pretty much everything I had eaten since dinner. I was frustrated and disheartened, to say the least. I'm getting frequent restless leg attacks due to lower-than-desired iron levels but I just can't seem to keep the darn things down. I was hoping that morning sickness would be easing up by now, but the frequency that I get sick is higher than ever.

Neither of my doctors seems to be much help, either. One basically freaks out if I'm not taking vitamins while the other says don't even bother taking them. The issue is I know my iron levels are lower than my body needs because of this leg thing. It takes FOREVER (1-2hrs) to fall asleep with my leg jerking. Some nights it's so bad both legs are restless.

It hasn't been all misery, though. I got some pillows at Target yesterday, which freed up my old one to act as a support between my knees. This has helped ease the hip pain I've just started experiencing. Naturally my shoulder started hurting immediately but whatever... If I'm feeling like this now, I'm scared to see what 30 weeks is like.

1 comments:

N said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on your adventures into motherhood! You're doing great--don't get discouraged with all the discomfort. Don't hesitate to call if you ever need anything.

Post a Comment